Hello my name is Elizabeth and I need this blog to express my thoughts and feelings. I am a mother, a writer, a wife and a friend to those around me. Recently, I’ve been diagnosed with OCD, a condition I’ve been aware of having for a long time, at least since 2006. My life is one crazy story, I have so much to tell and so much to share. I also have so much to learn, especially from myself.
In 2008 my father had a brain aneurysm and now resides in a nursing home. The following year my grandfather died, and a year after that my grandmother died. All three of them were very close to me and made a huge impact on my life. I am an introspective person, and these events made me reflect on life: what is important, what isn’t. What do I want from life? How am I going to change to become a better person? I don’t have the answers to these things, but I am on a great and grand search to figure it out. I’ve come across new people to help me on my journey. Instead of being in a rut incapable of changing, I want to chance and become a better person for the sake of my family and the sake of myself. Right now I don’t know how to do this, but through this blog I might have the change to express my feelings as I travel down this new path.
Recently, I’ve had a few breakdowns and breakthroughs. Some more pleasant than others. It is getting late now, but I already feel better having started this blog. Expression is therapeutic, it’s not a remedy, but it is necessary to tell your story when something needs to be said.
No comments:
Post a Comment